Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Waiting to collect

Entries in the topic "gp2x" are to document my use of a handheld linux based gaming console, GamePark Holding's GP2X.

I'm waiting to collect it from home, as I'm living and working in Ireland at the moment and will be going back to the uk for this on Friday. I purchased it from this website and I can't wait to use it. It cost me £130 and boasts some wicked features.

  • Divx / mpeg,Xvid,divX, mp3, ogg / vorbis, wma playback.
  • USB2.0
  • Web FTP and Samba (windows file sharing) server
  • Free Open Source Linux operating system with Software Development Kit
  • SD card drive
  • 2 x AA batteries for power
  • TV-out
  • Emulators available for SNES, Megadrive, Spectrum, Amiga and many more
  • JPG, BMP, PCX, GIF, PNG image format

I will be posting about my experience in setting it up and how it goes with all the emulators and stoff. Byes for now

No comments: